Soul Void is a short, 1-2 hour experience made as a proof of concept to test out GB Studio. It's a pretty easy, straight-forward game. Please enjoy :)
- Arrow Keys / WASD to move
- Z / J to interact.
(If you ever find yourself stuck, I've written a guide here that will hopefully be of use!)
NOTE: Due to my own technical limitations, Soul Void does not have any music. Please feel free to put on your favorite lo-fi chill ambient noises to get spooky to, or really whatever floats your boat.
- There may be a slight audio pop when starting the game/switching tabs.
- When talking to NPCs, there's a very rare chance that free-roaming actors may break their boundaries and wander off screen. Let them be free; they'll come back with a scene change.
- Due to positioning, NPCs might pop over the dialogue box. They won't impede your ability to read however; they just want a little extra attention.
- Dialogue Box Bug 10/18/19 -- Unfortunately, months later, I still haven't been able to replicate the yes/no glitch on my end, nor have found a common causality between those experiencing it / any reason why it's happening within the game's code. At this point in time, I can only suggest closing the game and refreshing the itchio page, or trying a different browser (both of which are less than ideal solutions, I understand wholeheartedly). Though this seems to have only affected a small portion of players, I apologize sincerely to anyone who's experienced the interruption in their gameplay.